I love it when a question posed in the Old Testament gets answered in the New Testament.
It makes the Word so much richer than we can fathom at first sight.
The other day I read Psalm 102, written by David. Verse 2 intrigued me:
I will be careful to live a blameless life— when will you come to help me? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home.
I am helpless
David wanted to live a blameless life, a life of integrity. Did he succeed? No, of course not. I guess he knew he couldn't do it by himself, for he asked: 'When will you come to help me?'
Been there, done that. 'I am helpless without You, Lord.' I pray that often. And just as David's cry, that prayer brings me to Jesus.
God's answer
For all of us were once far away from God. We were his enemies, separated from Him by our evil thoughts and actions. But then... God's answer!
Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault (Colossians 1:22).
Jesus brings me into God's presence... holy, blameless, without a single fault. Washed clean, like that laundry on the clothes line.
⚫ ⚫ ⚫
Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.
[1 Thessalonians 5:23]
➤You might enjoy this song: Love of God.

Comments
Post a Comment