It didn't take long to become familiar with church language. But I've always been careful not to use it too much in a secular setting. Simply because people wouldn't understand what I am talking about.
I remember all too well that people told me I needed to be saved. And I would wonder: 'Saved from what?' I thought it was just a hollow phrase that evangelists used to lure me into a relationship with Jesus.
During such brief encounters, no one was ever able to explain it to me. But I found out later 😁
Yes, God wants to save us. And the Bible makes it clear there is only one way for that to happen. Acts:412, There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.
And that is the name of Jesus. An angel explained that to Joseph in a dream: And she [Mary] will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21). There we have it...
We will be saved from our sins!
Which means we will be free from shame, guilt, and condemnation. And there is more... Psalm 68:20 says: Our God is a God who saves! The Sovereign Lord rescues us from death.
We will be saved from death!
Which means we will live forever with Him. That is the hope every believer has while living here on earth; death is not the end. There is one more thing I want to highlight:
We will be saved from the judgment (wrath) to come!
Yes, there will come a Day of Judgment, whether you like it or not. In 1 Thessalonians 1:10, it is written about Jesus: He is the one who has rescued us from the terrors of the coming judgment.
A Christian does not fear the Day of Judgment, for he/she will be safe. Are you saved?
⚫ ⚫ ⚫
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
[Romans 10:9]
➤You might enjoy this song: Salvation belongs to You.

Comments
Post a Comment